Naomi is doing MUCH better. After a visit to the orthopedic surgeon, it was determined that she must have pulled some muscles in her groin. It took her a few days to finally start using that leg and walking again. She is back to her spunky self! :) She spends most of her days following Isaac around, and when he's not around, you'll hear her constantly asking, "Where's Isaac?" It is SO cute!
I am a little surprised that she wants to be around him so much, given how ugly he can be with her. We are really struggling with his almost constant rudeness. He just gets SO moody. We pray over him every day and I hope with all of my heart that this is just part of his "terrible two's" phase. He totally has moments of sweetness. Don't get me wrong. Like when he wraps his arms around me and says, "I'm giving you a hug because I love you so berry much, mommy." :) I know there is a sweet little boy inside this kid! I just wish we saw more of it these days. He is severely sleep deprived (ever since switching to the big boy bed), and I just think it's really taking a toll on his body and spirit.
After a few weeks of preschool (in the two's room), Isaac has been moved up to be with the 3-5-year-olds. He is thriving there and although he doesn't enjoy being dropped off at school, he never wants to leave when it's time to go! :) He is quite the social butterfly and is acclimating really well with that group of kids. And I am happy that he's in an environment where he is able to learn and not get bored! :)
Anyway...more to come...hopefully sooner than later! :)
2 comments:
Hey Leslie. I looked over your blog tonight and Carson is the same way with Javi! I wonder if any older sibling is as mean to their little brother as much as he. It really makes me sad and my husband and I are constantly encouraging him to love his brother and to look out for him.. but he's 2 I guess:) I pray they will grow to have a close relationship someday, but right now it seems like that will only happen through divine revelation. Also, we are now looking to buy a toddler bed for Carson. I'm not in any big hurry because he still does so well in his crib, so I think we'll make it a slow transition. I hate rocking the boat and am happy to let sleeping dogs lie. Anyway, I hope you are hangin in because you all seem to be going through so much!
oh, I didn't sign my last note! It's Erin Cox from facebook!
Post a Comment