Monday, April 30, 2012

My babies...

Some pics from this weekend and today...

What? You talkin to me?
Naomi sadly does this to herself when she gets frustrated. :(
My girls!!
Watching a storm roll in.
Super sweet. :)
Mona's keeping an eye on her for me. Hehe.
Naomi sometimes loves her TOO much! I hope they'll be best friends one day!
Sarah's first swing ride!
Sweet baby girl!
She LIGHTS UP when she sees me. I can NOT get enough!! She makes me laugh and smile all day long!
There was a local family spring fling at a local park this weekend. It was cold and wet, but the kids had a blast! The entire event was FREE, and it included lunch, a bounce house, petting zoo, a tour of a fire truck, pony rides, and games. It was really cold, but A LOT of fun! :)
 





Isaac saying "Hello!" to the baby lamb, Cotton.
The bunny saga continues...I just wish I could not care about these stinkin bunnies. But I do. And no matter how many times I remind myself that they are just wild bunnies...that they are pretty close to the bottom of the food chain...that they are PESTS...I still can't help but love these little sweeties. Every time Mona goes outside, she is taunted by their presence. She can't reach them now, but I'm certain she can smell them, and I know she can see them. They are driving her CRAZY. It's apparent that mama rabbit is still caring for the three that are left, as they are thriving and the nest is changing each day (being filled with more fur). But today, there were nasty thunderstorms rolling in. I didn't want them to be out there in the middle of a thunderstorm without any sort of shelter. (I KNOW, I KNOW!) I battled back and forth within myself before finally deciding to help them out. I just put the children's free-standing slide over the nest to offer at least a little reprieve from the wind and rain. After all, mama rabbit originally placed the nest under the slide in our yard. So they would have been protected had we not needed to move them. I'm rooting for these little guys. I so want them to make it. Not that we need any more rabbits around here. But they're just so cute and cuddly. And so I'll keep checking on them each day, hoping they are doing okay. And if one morning, we wake up and they are gone, then I will rest well at night knowing that I did what I could to help a bunny out! (I am laughing out loud at how utterly ridiculous this sounds. I promise I'm not crazy! I just love all things baby!)

Cuddled up together.
She can't reach them now!!
Daddy and Isaac checking on them after the storm!

No comments: