Tuesday, June 26, 2012

A little Mommy update!

Lots of people have been asking how I'm doing. And all I can say is WONDERFUL! :) I had felt kind of icky for the past couple of years. Not constant...but pretty often, I would experience tremendous amounts of fatigue...and occasionally some indigestion. I felt sharp pain off and on where my gallbladder was for YEARS. But nothing was ever too severe and didn't shake me enough to see a doctor.

Well that all changed about a month ago! I began having INTENSE, stabbing pains on the upper right side of my abdomen (just under my ribcage). It was so bad that I struggled walking or even holding and nursing the baby. I knew something was very wrong. At times the pain was so intense that I started shaking and felt as though I was going to get sick to my stomach. Not pleasant. And I was actually relieved when the ultrasound revealed that I had gallstones. I was glad to know what, exactly, was causing this crazy pain...and relieved to know there is a way to make it go away!
Yes...I asked to see the stones! THESE are my gallstones!

I had my gallbladder removed laparoscopically 19 days ago. And while the initial recovery was rough (including a trip to the ER the night after), I am now feeling WAY better than I did before. It's actually quite amazing. The pathology report came back showing that I indeed had chronic gallbladder disease. NO WONDER I was always feeling so BLAH! But I had adjusted to it over the years and dealt with it, because that's just how I thought people normally felt. Now, without a diseased gallbladder, I feel GREAT! I have energy to do the things I desire to do, and overall, I feel SO much better than I have in YEARS. It's really bizarre...and wonderful. :)
So anyway...just wanted to share. And just say, "Look out, world...I am feeling GOOD!"

No comments: