Wednesday, June 27, 2007

feeling better...

So I have more peace after speaking with my doctor. Everything looks perfectly as it should for the stage of pregnancy we are in. She had also been hoping to see a heartbeat, but given that my ovulation day is 5 days later than the typical cycle, it would have been impossible to see a heartbeat at this stage. Phew! What a relief! And as for the cyst....it is actually a very good sign! The cyst is on the ovary which just released the egg, and is called a "corpus luteum." It is basically essential for establishing and maintaining a healthy pregnancy!! Upon doing a little research, I have found that "the corpus luteum is typically very large relative to the size of the ovary; in humans, the size of the structure ranges from under 2 cm to 6 cm in diameter." So that explains why it was so huge! Yay for big, ugly cysts!

So today is a better day. I'm feeling optimistic. And this frequent nausea is helping to confirm that I am, indeed, carrying a healthy, growing baby! I would have never in a million years thought that I'd actually be excited to feel so sick to my stomach! Yay for pukiness!

We have another ultrasound scheduled for next Tuesday afternoon. We are definitely hoping to see the heartbeat at this appointment. If we don't see one, it could still just mean that we have a slow developer in there...or it could mean that it is not a viable pregnancy. I'm choosing not to think about this too much, though...because I am really, truly expecting to see my little bean's heart beating.

Until next time...

No comments: