So the doctor got me in for an emergency ultrasound. I can't even begin to explain how nervous I was. Everything was pointing me to believe that this was it...that this pregnancy had come to an early end. But it hasn't!! As we watched the images on the screen, we saw a little flicker where the heart was beating. Then she turned on the sound. "This is your baby's heartbeat." I thought that I might have cried, but I didn't. (I think my tears were all dried up from earlier.) I just sat there in amazement. It was confirmed that we are exactly 6 weeks along, and gave us an estimated due date of 02/22/08. After the ultrasound, we spoke with the doctor. Hearing a heartbeat is a major step in a pregnancy and lowers the risk of miscarriage to less than 10%. This is comforting. So for now, I can relax and know that we are right on track. Phew!
So this is our ultrasound picture. Our little bean is there in the circle. It's not exactly clear; kind of looks like a little blob. But that's the baby!! And it's little heart is beating away! YAY!! Praise God!!
No comments:
Post a Comment