Monday, July 9, 2007

First OB appointment...

We had our first official OB appointment today. Everything went well, although it wasn't the most pleasant of visits. I had to get a pap smear (sorry if TMI) and the doctor said I will be bleeding from that for a couple of days. Then I had to have four viles of blood drawn. UGH. They seem pretty optimistic that everything is going well this time. I am not even considered high-risk at this doctor's office (not until after 3 miscarriages).

The nausea has been in full-swing...and it lasts most of the day. I never had anything like this with my previous pregnancies, so hopefully that's a GOOD sign! :o) I have good days and bad days with the sickness. On the good days, I almost start to worry that my symptoms are fading (which could mean that something is wrong). And on the days with lots of nausea, I praise God, but hope for it to subside for just a time. Either way, I'm an emotional wreck. :o) But I'm getting through it.

Just two and half weeks to go until we pass both of our previous losses (8 1/2 and 10 weeks). Our next OB appointment is scheduled for July 26th. (I will be 10 weeks.) They hope to be able to hear the baby's heartbeat with a doppler. If that doesn't work, then they'll do another ultra-sound (which I would be okay with). I welcome any opportunity to see my little bean growing inside!! As I continue reading about how this baby is developing, I am more and more in awe of God and how He has chosen to create human life. It is truly amazing.

That's all for now. I'll update when anything new develops.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

soooooooooo, the thought of you and kevin having sex totally creeps me out but then the thought of ANYONE having sex creeps me out. lol But i'm so excited. I'm not sure why. I just am. I wish you had some other women going through this with you though. I know IF AND WHEN i get preggy i hope you or Kristin are too. I think that would be so much fun! lol! I'm so excited to see a baby that looks just like you and kevin...and maybe i will actually be able to see it every now and then.... lol! ok thats all! CONGRATS!!!