Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Glucose Challenge...

Woo hoo! Only ten more days of this daunting first trimester!! Kind of hard to believe, isn't it? So this morning I had to do a glucose blood test. When I first got to the Dr.'s office, they gave me a little paper cup filled with a glucose drink. I went to sit down with it, and as I sat down, I spilled it all over me. UGH. For those of you who don't know what glucose is...it's basically SUGAR. So I had this gooey sugar-water type stuff ALL over me: on my shirt, all over my shorts, down my legs, on both hands and wrists, covering my watch, soaking my book...you get the picture. It was a total MESS. (Not to mention that it looked like I just peed my pants) :o)

Once I finished the drink, I had to wait for an hour to have them test my blood. I spent part of that time cleaning up in the bathroom. I still feel sticky. I better get used to this clumsiness. I hear it only gets worse. :o)

On another note, I bought my first maternity clothes today. Pretty fun. I definitely don't look preggers yet, but my normal clothes (mostly pants/shorts) are beginning to feel just a bit too tight for comfort. I just bought a pair of capris and a pair of corduroy pants. Fun times.

1 comment:

erin said...

yay!!! 8 more days! and maternity clothes :)