Thursday, August 2, 2007

Randomness on this Thursday...

So I have been searching and searching for what type of furniture I'd like to have in our nursery, and I'm simply overwhelmed with the many choices. There are SO many different colors and styles to choose from. It's crazy. I always thought I would do white furniture...until more recently. I've been thinking more along the lines of a maple or chestnut finish. Oh...and then there's the beautiful ebony (black) distressed look. I think a friend of mine has offered to give me her rocking chair (it's black). So do I need that to match the rest of the furniture? Or do I nix the rocker and go for a more comfy glider/ottoman? UGH! SO many ideas. Don't get me wrong...it's very fun to dream about this all. It's just difficult to actually make a decision. :o)

Here is a picture of my original idea for a possible layout of nursery furniture. Everything is to scale. As it is here, there is a small 3-drawer dresser on the left wall, under the window. The bigger dresser-type thing on the opposite wall is a changing table/dresser combo with a hutch. The smaller rectangle to the right of the rocker is a bookcase. The door in the upper right of the picture is the closet, the other is the door to the hallway. I just threw this together today. I think I like it...but I'm sure it'll change. :o)
Other news in the crazy lives of the Obers: We are going camping this weekend! I think we may be absolutely out of our minds. The temperatures throughout the day will be in the 90's! Yikes!! And I've been averaging getting up 3 times each night to use the restroom. This won't be so fun at a campground. Should be interesting. We are planning to go for two nights...I may only last one. :o) But we'll see!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

SO typical of Leslie Ann! I suppose you also have laid out how you want the labor/delivery room and exactly how this baby is going to move through your body when you deliver, and where Kevin will be standing and exactly what pictures he will and will not take... I KNOW there is a list!! Love ya, Mom