I am SO scared. Our BIG ultrasound is TOMORROW!! Yes, part of me is SUPER excited!! But the other half of me (and the part that's dominating right now) is filled with fear. What if something goes wrong? What if we go to see our baby and s/he has died in the past two weeks and we never knew it? What if it's missing arms or legs? What if....what if....what if?? I need to stop this insane thinking. This fear is NOT from the Lord. And the stress from worrying so much can't be good for the baby. I have literally been worried to the point of crying! UGH.
Part of my worry for the past day or two has been because for the first time in many weeks, I feel a bit crampy. I've been having intense shooting pains in my abdomen and don't know what they are. However, they could be completely normal, stretching-type pains. I just don't know...and not knowing is driving me crazy. I want this to be a joyful time...not a fearful one! I think I just need to curl up with my Bible and remind myself of His promises. He is good. He has a plan for me. He knows my fear and wants to help me overcome it! And with His help, I will!
1 comment:
oh Leslie, a really wise mother once said to someone in front of me. The sooner that you hand your child over to the care of God, the better. I pray that you find peace tonight in His word. He wants to give you good and perfect gifts.
Post a Comment