Monday, August 4, 2008

6-month stats!!

Isaac had his 6-month check-up this morning...and it went well. He's a healthy little guy! The doctor was quite impressed with his development (I guess babies typically start crawling closer to 9 months these days). And apparently he looks chunkier than he really is!! He is 26.5 inches long and weighs 18lbs 3oz. That puts him in the 50th percentile for length and the 65th for weight. All around, he's quite average in size and is growing beautifully.

I asked about what to do with the bathing situation. The answer: It's going to take 2 people to bathe him now. :) And about the fact that he STILL screams while in his car seat: Yep...some babies just don't like the car seat. UGH. The doctor even mentioned that once Isaac gets a bit older, he may be able to figure out how to get OUT of the seat...and we'll have to resort to DUCK TAPE! Are you serious?? Oh I hope he learns to enjoy the car seat better!!

And as usual, Isaac was a champ with his shots. Just cried for a quick second until I picked him up. Such a trooper! :) We'll be sad to leave our pediatrician here, and now we need to find a new one in the Indy area...SOON!

2 comments:

KathyC said...

LOL... that last picture cracked me up! Glad to see that the visit with the doctor went well. Thanks for the update!

Leslie Ober said...

Hehe. Yeah...that one cracked me up too. That's why I included it. :)