Friday, February 17, 2012

Good Days and Bad...

 Some days look like this...
And others (like when we accidentally miss a dose of reflux medicine) look like this...

There are no words to describe the pit in my stomach...the aching in my heart...when my sweet baby girl will not allow me to comfort her. With her body completely stiffened and fists clenched, she screams and screams and screams and...well you get the picture. Sometimes I just have to give her a kiss, whisper "I love you," into her ear, and lay her in the crib to scream it out alone. I am only human. And after a few hours of constant screaming in my ear, and the heartache and stress of not being able to comfort her, I just need a little break. I love her to pieces. And I am SO over this newborn/colic stage of life. Bring on the cute baby stage!! :) Every day does seem to be getting better and better. But then we have days like today, that nearly set me over the edge. And the edge of what, I do not know. Perhaps sanity? ;) But she's sleeping (albeit somewhat fitfully) at the moment, and there is peace in my home again. Life is good. And I wouldn't trade it for the world. :)

No comments: