Some days are tougher than others. And others seem to flow effortlessly and are filled with joy and peace. Today began rough. I've been up since 5:30am, and not by choice. :) By 9:30am, I hit my wall for the day. The kiddos were driving me nuts. And I was tired. But I began praying and asked to the Lord to meet me. I had to rely on Him for strength today. I put on their favorite worship DVD (a live concert by Jana Alayra). And we danced. We laughed. We worshiped together. And we had a lot of fun. The day has slowly gotten better. Sarah is having longer moments of contentedness (though as I am typing this, she is crying in her crib). She just does not like to be put down for any amount of time. She's discovered people. And she wants to be in someone's arms all. the. time. :) And since she's cute and I love her more than words can say...she gets what she wants MOST of the day. But my arms are tired (and so is she). So I'm letting her try to discover the beauty of self-soothing. Sadly, it's not going very well. But here are a few pics from one of her content periods today:
{can't}
{get}
{enough}
And these two spent the morning getting on each other's (and my) nerves. But after lunch, they played quietly and VERY well together. LOVING the peace in my home. :)
Here is a little video clip from our time watching/listening/dancing to Jana Alayra. Isaac's definitely got some moves! Wonder where he got those?? ;)
One last thing. As I am wrapping up this post, baby number three just SOOTHED HERSELF!! I can hear her sucking away at her fingers. Woohoo! What a clever baby! Praise God! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment