Sunday, August 3, 2008

6 months old!!!

My sweet, sweet son. You are six months old today! Half a year! I can hardly believe it. You are just the best little guy ever! Your smile is so precious...oh how I love to see you smile. And you do it a lot, too.

My favorite times with you are when you wake up first thing in the morning. You usually wake up talking and cooing at the animals on your crib bumper. SO cute! And then I talk to you before you see me. In a really soft voice, I will usually say something like, "Good morning sweet baby. Is that my boy that I see?" You turn your little head around, searching for the familiar voice. Then your eyes find me. And that moment right there....that's my favorite. Because you light up. Your precious blue eyes get so big, and you smile from ear to ear. And then your whole body wiggles in excitement as you discover me watching you. Oh...I love those moments!
I also LOVE to make you laugh. You have the greatest little cackle. You are quite ticklish...all over. I have fun tickling you. You also laugh a lot at Mona. You get REALLY giddy around her. It's the funniest thing. She loves to bring you her toys...and you try to put them in your mouth! Yuck! You guys are growing to be best buds!

You are getting SO close to being able to crawl. And I have a feeling that once you start moving, you are never going to stop! You look so cute when you get up on all fours. Though I am nervous to have you start crawling, I am looking forward to it as well. I think you are going to be so much happier once you figure it out! You are still getting quite frustrated with not being able to move. Patience, my son...patience.
You have gotten quite difficult to change lately. We no longer can give you diaper changes on the changing table, as you try to flip OFF of the table entirely!! Diaper changes have become a war zone in this house. You vs Us. You REALLY don't like laying flat on your back. You twist and turn...regardless of the mess that's in your diaper! We try singing to you and giving you new toys to distract you during the changes. And I am learning how to change your diaper while you're up on your hands and knees.

Another challenge has been trying to give you a bath. We had been having you lay on your back in the tub, but lately you've been rolling over onto your belly, and then onto your hands and knees. So I have also been learning how to bathe you in that position. :) We are going to be getting you a big boy bath seat before your next bath!

You are still waking up a couple of times throughout the night to nurse. Every now and then you will sleep throughout most of the night...I really appreciate those nights! :) Before I had you, I thought I'd only nurse for 3-6 months. But it's going so well...and you won't take formula, so it looks like we'll be nursing for a bit longer...and I'm okay with that.

You are SUCH a blessing to us, sweet Isaac. I love you more than words can say. Things have been SO crazy around here lately (with selling the house and moving), and I don't feel like I've been the best mom for you. I want to get better about interacting with you and playing more with you. Hopefully when we get settled in our new house, I will develop a system that works well for us! You are awesome. And I praise God for you EVERY day!!

Love, Mommy

4 comments:

Helena and Elise said...

Happy half birthday Isaac! Congrats on moving back to Indy - sounds like you guys are excited! I love your honesty and all you share about your adventure with Isaac!

KathyC said...

Great pics! I don't think you need another camera, missy! I hope Isaac appreciates this blog when he gets older as much as we do!

erin said...

i think these might just be the best isaac pics :)

Anonymous said...

konrad wont take formula either :(