Wednesday, March 3, 2010

And if you thought it couldn't get any crazier....

It did. A little. Yesterday afternoon Isaac had a blast playing outside for the first time in I don't know how long. Until he fell and busted his mouth on his little picnic table. And we're talking LOTS of blood. I was concerned about the need for stitches. It was nasty. And one of his poor front teeth is pushed back as well.

We saw the pediatric dentist today and he was a champ. He may have slight nerve damage, but it's hard to tell this early. And he basically completely severed his frenulum (that little piece of skin between your gums and upper lip). Doctor said he'd be fine, but he'll just need to be on antibiotics to makes sure he doesn't develop any infection.

So that's the added craziness this week. Naomi is 9-months-old today and I have nothing to show for it. Sad. My goal is to do a photo session with her in the next week or so. HA! I keep forgetting that I'm about to have surgery in a couple of days. I hope my hand feels better post-op than it does now, because I've really been hurting.

Oh...almost forgot...heard back from the doctor and the bone scan came back clean! No other bone tumors in my body!! Praise God!! :) Despite all of the craziness going on, we continue to keep our heads held high. God is SO good to us. And we have joy and peace that go SO much deeper than any of these afflictions. We are also so thankful to the community of friends and family that we have around us to lean on in this time!! You guys ROCK!! :)

1 comment:

erin said...

sweet! praise God for the bone scan and again such an awesome attitude in the midst of chaos. God is SOOO good!