Isaac: Mommy, I found a BUG!!!!
Me: Wow...what kind of bug is it?
Isaac: "It's a....ant!"
Me: Is it a big one or a little one?
Isaac: It's a little one. I wanna touch it.
Me: Okay...just be careful.
(a minute or two passes)
Isaac: Uh oh. I dink I hurt da bug.
Me: Is it moving?
Isaac: "No...it's NOT moving!"
(I walk over to assess the damage)
Me: You're right, sweetie. He's not moving. I think he's dead.
Isaac: He's dead? (pauses, to think) Mommy kiss it?
Me: No...we don't kiss bugs...that's yucky.
Isaac: Mommy touch it?
Me: No thank you...I don't like to touch bugs. Do you like to touch them?
Isaac: I DO like to touch bugs!!
Me: Okay...then you can touch it.
(long pause, as he surveys the dead bug)
Isaac: I'm afraid to touch it now.
Me: (chuckle to myself)
We'll see how long this lesson lasts! :) We've been having all sorts of life conversations lately. The kid's vocabulary, grammar, reasoning, and understanding are UNreal. I keep having to remind myself (especially when he's being ornery) that he's only two!! :)
I know it's been awhile since I've posted pics...they're coming...I promise!
No comments:
Post a Comment