Naomi had her 9-month check-up last week. She's doing great, but is still a petite little thing. WITH the cast on, she is falling into the 25th percentile for weight!! Without it, it's more like the 10th-15th percentile. She weighs 16-17 lbs. And we have no idea how long she is. It'll be fun to see how much she has grown once her cast finally comes off.
She went under general anesthesia again this morning for another hip arthrogram and cast change. We were actually really hoping that they would tell us that 6 weeks was all that she needed in the cast...and that she was finished with it!! :) But unfortunately quite the opposite was true. The doctor was actually disappointed in her progress. He said that her hip was only SLIGHTLY better, but still quite loose. UGH. So what does this mean? AT LEAST another 6 weeks in this cast...another trip to the hospital to be put under for yet another hip arthrogram...and possibly an ADDITIONAL 6 weeks after that. And still hoping that it doesn't require surgery.
She was a trooper and did well throughout the procedure. We are just bummed we didn't get better news. Maybe next time!!
In Isaac news, his mouth is doing MUCH better. He hasn't seem fazed by the injury at all. He has become QUITE the little character. He is speaking SO clearly and with such diction that it makes us giggle. He is VERY matter-of-fact. His favorite thing to do is tell us what he does NOT want to do. "I don't WANT to go to church!" or "Mommy...don't tickle me. I said 'No thank you!'" He has been SO utterly obstinate lately. He is testing us left and right. And he has taken a liking to being rude to Naomi and Mona. And when I ask him, "Are you being kind or are you being rude?" He answers with SUCH pride (and with a cheeky grin): "I'm being RUDE!"
He totally understands. And is STILL choosing to do the wrong things. I spend many of my days looking forward to naps and bedtime!! :) But there are definitely sweet moments too. The other night, we were sitting in our living room. Kevin and I were just talking about something. And all of the sudden, we stopped to the sound of Isaac READING a book. I'm sure he's just memorized what we say with the pictures...but we're talking a Dr. Suess book here. Like with real words. It was SO fun to see him 'reading' on his own!!
Anyway...sorry no pictures lately! I do have a little video of the kiddos from over a week ago. I was in the other room when I overheard them laughing hysterically. It was SO precious to see them finally starting to play together!! Enjoy!
1 comment:
I couldn't help but giggle at them. so adorable Jan
Post a Comment