And took this one of Naomi today...
{pink eye is NO fun}
And big brother has it now too...in both eyes! That means that I have to manage getting drops into both eyes of both kids FOUR times each day (that's sixteen drops every day for a week). Ha! I've tried every bribe in the book. We've prayed before trying it. I've tried just about everything imaginable. The nurse's advice: wrap them in a blanket and hold them down while you get help from another adult to pry their eyes open. Seriously? Someone needs to invent something to make this easier!! If only I had the time! :)
3 comments:
A trick I was taught for eye drops! Close your eyes and put the drops in the corners of your eyes and then open really wide. The drops then run onto the eyes and you dont even have to see the bottle/drops coming!!
Leslie, I haven't had to do eye drops yet for my kiddos, but I remember reading once that you can do it with their eyes closed! Apparently they lie on their backs, eyes closed, and you put a drop right in the corner of their eye (closest to the nose), so that it's sitting RIGHT THERE ready to roll into their eye when they open it. Then, open! The drop should roll in and they blink it through before sitting up. I don't KNOW it works, just something I read once and filed in my head for future use! Might be less traumatic to try that, if it works? Hope their eyes are better soon, and that Sarah doesn't get it too! Breastmilk in the eye though, if she does - marvellous stuff!
Thanks for the input, guys!! That's what we have chosen to do...the corner of the eye while closed. And it has gone MUCH better! :) Thanks, again!! :)
Post a Comment